Orion Project - Server Files

Sign in to follow this  
Ranil

Lag?

Hello, I have a problem where the game freezes for about 0.5 seconds every 10-15 seconds. Β I tried with original client, but it didn't solve the problem. Β Maybe what setting is possible on the server side? Β I tried with 2 vps. Β There are currently 2 game servers running.
Β 

My vps 4 core, 8 gb ram

Thanks

7 minutes ago, Ranil said:

Hello, I have a problem where the game freezes for about 0.5 seconds every 10-15 seconds. Β I tried with original client, but it didn't solve the problem. Β Maybe what setting is possible on the server side? Β I tried with 2 vps. Β There are currently 2 game servers running.
Β 

My vps 4 core, 8 gb ram

Thanks

Hello,
I would recommend to try server pack with default settings, database, because nobody except you reported something like this. It might be a problem of settings. Also, what game console shows? There could be some kind of spam/flood - errors.
Btw, did you try this with 1 server of 2 offline? Maybe your vps is not powerful enough for 2 servers?

12 minutes ago, Vilmis said:

Hello,
I would recommend to try server pack with default settings, database, because nobody except you reported something like this. It might be a problem of settings. Also, what game console shows? There could be some kind of spam/flood - errors.
Btw, did you try this with 1 server of 2 offline? Maybe your vps is not powerful enough for 2 servers?

Let's try it with 1 gameserver and report back

hello, for a smooth server experience, I recommend 4gb ram and above and additionally I recommend having vds instead of vps

what is the ram amount of the servers?

On 5/7/2023 at 1:09 PM, l235 said:

what is the ram amount of the servers?

8 Gb

I understand, I think that vilmis will solve this problem as soon as possible because vilmis is a person who does her job well

On 5/6/2023 at 10:12 AM, Ranil said:

Let's try it with 1 gameserver and report back

So, anything new?

2 hours ago, Vilmis said:

So, anything new?

I optimized mysqΒ and most of the lag went away.

Hi Ranil could you kindly tell me how you optimized the mysql program? A thousand thanks

9 hours ago, Laguna said:

Hi Ranil could you kindly tell me how you optimized the mysql program? A thousand thanks

First of all, are you sure 100% that lag makes mysql? What do you call a lag? What happens exactly, can you describe it?

Yes I think so, because when playing in localhost there is often lag especially outside the cities and in other places lag, only inside the dungeons everything works very smoothly.
so I think it's mySql, pc spec 32gb 3060ti older i7 6700 processor

Frankly speaking Mysql should not make lag at all. Especially in that way like you explained. I never saw something like mysql lag in my entireΒ life and I'm working with servers more than 10 years. Even by default settings mysql can hold pretty huge data bandwidth. I don't understand why you both decided like that.
However, there can be many other reasons why this happens. Try do the tests to find out what's the real reason of lag.
A few suggestions::
1. Try default Orion server pack with same mysql and database. Just change ip and most important settings to make server running. Nothing else.
2. Try different system - clean, without custom items etc.
3. Re-install full Lineage 2 game client.

Let me know what you found out.
Β 

Thanks for the help Vilmis really appreciate!!!
Edited by Laguna
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 12:59 PM, Laguna said:

Thanks for the help Vilmis really appreciate!!!

So, did you find out the real problem?

Check that you are running a server with a normal amount of memory in the bat file. When there is little memory and the PvP zone is enabled. There is microlag when changing zones.

• Like 1